Tagsafrica american history ancient world animals anthropology architecture autumn birds celebrations children's books china colors comedy of manners crafts england fantasy fish flowers france haiti halloween history humor landscape magic medieval ocean painting paleo picture books religion renaissance science science fiction sff textiles tres riches heures urban war winter world history world war II ya yule zoos
- Gaudior on Snowy in snow
- Aquaeri on Red flower tree
- The Librarian on In the Shadow of Moloch: The Sacrifice of Children and Its Impact on Western Religions, by Martin S. Bergmann
- The Librarian on Knights of Spain, Warriors of the Sun: Hernando de Soto and the South’s Ancient Chiefdoms, by Charles Hudson
- Phyllis on Knights of Spain, Warriors of the Sun: Hernando de Soto and the South’s Ancient Chiefdoms, by Charles Hudson
Category Archives: Puzzles
Puzzle of the day. I use images from a variety of sources:
• images with Creative Commons license
• Wikimedia Commons
• pictures corresponding to Wikimedia’s PD-Art Category: a faithful reproduction of an old, public domain, two-dimensional work of art.
• images where I have received explicit permission from the copyright holder
Puzzle of February 7, 2010
Puzzle of February 4, 2010
Workers wait to release balloons
Puzzle of January 29, 2010
Yeah, I don't get it, either. But this was a holiday window display at Bergdorf Goodman in New York City.
Puzzle of January 28, 2010
The Frontispiece from William Blake's Jerusalem: the Emanation of the Giant Albion.
Puzzle of January 27, 2010
From the Brookside Gardens Holiday flower display.
Puzzle of January 26, 2010
The library at the Château de Chantilly, France; part of the Musée Condé.
Puzzle of January 24, 2010
The poverty and great beauty of Haiti, together.
Puzzle of January 23, 2010
Untitled work by Haitian artist Sénèque Obin.