Tagsafrica american history ancient world animals anthropology architecture autumn birds celebrations children's books china colors comedy of manners crafts england fantasy fish flowers france haiti halloween history humor landscape magic medieval ocean painting paleo picture books religion renaissance science science fiction sff textiles tres riches heures urban war winter world history world war II ya yule zoos
- Gaudior on Snowy in snow
- Aquaeri on Red flower tree
- The Librarian on In the Shadow of Moloch: The Sacrifice of Children and Its Impact on Western Religions, by Martin S. Bergmann
- The Librarian on Knights of Spain, Warriors of the Sun: Hernando de Soto and the South’s Ancient Chiefdoms, by Charles Hudson
- Phyllis on Knights of Spain, Warriors of the Sun: Hernando de Soto and the South’s Ancient Chiefdoms, by Charles Hudson
Category Archives: Puzzles
Puzzle of the day. I use images from a variety of sources:
• images with Creative Commons license
• Wikimedia Commons
• pictures corresponding to Wikimedia’s PD-Art Category: a faithful reproduction of an old, public domain, two-dimensional work of art.
• images where I have received explicit permission from the copyright holder
Puzzle of January 22, 2010
Steel drum sculpture by Haitian artist Jean Sylvestre.
Puzzle of January 21, 2010
by Reynold Clérisier.
Puzzle of January 20, 2010
A temporary camp for homeless Haitians.
Puzzle of January 10, 2010
The Alcántara Bridge was built in 104-106 CE by Trajan's legions.
Puzzle of January 9, 2010
Ice version of the terra cotta army, carved for the Harbin Ice Festival, 2009. Credit: ulrichsson.
Puzzle of January 6, 2010
Two puzzles in one post: two works of art, same subject, same period, different effects.
Puzzle of January 4, 2010
The three snow leopards of the Zürich Zoo: Djamila and Indeever lick each other, Villy is looking away.
Puzzle of January 3, 2010
Snow on the gondolas of Venice.